Pararaumu street lights are under urgent inspection after a child was shocked this morning.
Tonik Ronin, spokesman for the Kapiti Coastal District Council, said the unknown child was "slightly shocked" on Riverway Street in Palalarum.
"It's no harm. -
But it could be, "he told NZPA.
All street lamp poles installed at the same time of the faulty lamp pole should be tested to ensure their safety.
"The contractor will work all night, isolating more than 50 people（poles)
"We'll check all the wiring problems in the morning," Mr. Cronin said.
"Therefore, some street lights in the area will be gradually closed at night.
He said residents should view all street lights as potential lives. -